Cricut Design Space - Beginner's Guide to Cricut Design Space
Cricut Design Space is the software used with your cutting machine. In order to use your machine, you first need to download and install Cricut Design Space. The same applies to new computers. We will walk you through the steps on how to download and install Cricut Design Space.
What Can You Do with Design Space?
- Combine pre-designed images and fonts to layout project designs.
- Create and edit pre-made projects.
- Create original designs using simple shapes.
- Design text only layouts using a variety of fonts.
- Design project ideas you have and save them in your Access account.
- Share projects with the Cricut community.
- Customize and create projects designed by other community members.
Create a Cricut ID
- Create a Cricut ID, fill out the fields with your details on Cricut Design Space. Provide your first name, last name, country, email address/Cricut ID (retype email address/Cricut ID), then pick a password.
- Tick the first box if you wish to receive newsletters in your inbox.
- Click Create Cricut ID.
How to Download Cricut Design Space
- Go to Cricut Design Space. You will be taken straight to Cricut Design Space.
- Click Download. You can see the progress of the software downloaded at the bottom bar.
- Double click the downloaded.exe file and click Run to begin the installation.
- Options for product setup and sign-in will appear. Select product setup since it will be the first time you use the Cricut Design Space you don't have Cricut ID yet.
How to Install Cricut Application ?
- On newer versions of Windows, change your security settings to allow apps from sources other than the Microsoft Store to be installed on your PC.
- Once the download is complete and you are ready to install the application, double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- If any dialogue box requires you to trust the application, click on the button to trust the application.
- In the setup options, choose your installation location and proceed to install the application.
- Once the installation is completed you can open the app using the desktop shortcut which gets added automatically.
What to do when Cricut Design Space Not Working ?
Design Space is a companion app that works with Cricut Maker and Cricut Explore family smart cutting machines. Compatible with desktop, mobile PC tablets and phones, this web-based program allows you to browse thousands of images, ready-to-make projects, and fonts in the Cricut Library, or design your own project from scratch.
Cricut Design Space includes the following features:
- Choose from over 60,000 images, fonts, and ready-to-make projects—or use your own images and fonts for FREE.
- Upload and edit most image types (.jpg, .gif., .png, .bmp, .svg, and .dxf)
- Sign in with your Cricut ID to access your images and projects and for easy checkout when making purchases on cricut.com or in Cricut Design Space.
- Bluetooth wireless capability (wireless Bluetooth adapter may be required, sold separately)
- App syncs across all your devices, so you can design whenever inspired.